Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Book: All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Last month, I finished the uber long book, All The Light We Cannot See. Within the book were three parallel story lines; 1) a blind girl named, Marie-Laure and her father who works at a museum; 2) a German officer who searches for rare gems; and 3) an orphan boy named, Werner with a knack for fixing on radios and transmitters.

In addition to the parallel stories, the chapters are not laid out chronologically, they flip back and forth in time. The book is a daunting, 544 pages.

The story is set during World War II in Germany and France. It took me about 30 pages to get hooked, but once I did, I couldn't wait to see how the three stories would connect.

I will say that I was disappointed with the ending; it wasn't a happy ending for all the characters. Read it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment