Saturday, April 25, 2020

Surviving Quarantine

Welp, this quarantine has lasted 5.5 weeks now and unfortunately, there's no specific end in sight. Here are some of the things I've doing to try to maintain my sanity:

1. Maintain a routine

Each week day, I get up and dressed for work. No working in my pjs, I wear work-appropriate clothes and not just because on any given day, I may be on several Zoom calls. Dressing up helps keep my mind in work mode.

I work in a dedicated spot each day and try to keep my space clean and organized.

I work from 9-12, take a half hour lunch, and work again until 5ish.

2. Get some fresh air

The weather hasn't allowed it everyday, but whenever it's nice I try to go for at least one walk and sometimes three.

3. Stay active

Generally, I try to work out each work day. If it's nice, I'll go on a walk or run.

After not touching a basketball for at least a decade, I've started shooting baskets some evenings. It's been a good addition.

I've also been doing a ton of yoga. My gym has been offering it live a few days a week and I found Adriene's at home yoga. She's great and her dog, Benji is the cutest.

I did a barre class that my gym also offered and really liked that.

I've done some Zumba, as well, which I also enjoy.

I'm super burned out of working out at home, so I'm looking for new ideas.

4. Find a creative outlet or several

I've been doing a bit more acrylic painting lately, which has been fun.

For my birthday, a friend bought me some diamond painting projects. I first saw it on Cheryl Burke's Instagram and thought it looked super interesting. It's really easy and addictive.


My current project

I decided that it would be fun if I painted my nails each week of the quarantine. It's been fun to come up with different combinations and use more of my nail polish supplies.


Also, writing this blog has been a bit cathartic too. :)

What things are keeping you sane during this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment