Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Saying Goodbye to Traditional Deodorant

I told myself that when I ran out of my Degree Clinical Strength deodorant, I would switch to a deodorant without aluminum. I know aluminum isn't good for me, but I hate sweaty pits and my sweat can smell icky. I decided that I didn't want to risk breast cancer, especially since I've watched my mom's fight with it.

Ironically, I made my switch in the summer. At Natural Grocers, I ventured to the deodorant aisle to try to fine something that would do the job and smelled good. There weren't as many options as I'd hoped for, so I started reading labels and smelling the options. What caught my eye and nose was Magic Mud Pineapple Mango Charcoal + Magnesium Aluminium-Free Deodorant. I appreciated that it was cruelty free too. That it contained charcoal was attractive as it has such great properties, such as removing impurities, cleansing skin, and removing dead skin cells. The product also said it neutralized odor and reduced wetness, so I decided to try it out.

What I didn't realize is that it can take some time for your body to regulate to the new deodorant after going off traditional ones. After the first day, I thought it wasn't working and almost gave up. Then for at least a week, one of my arm pits smelled worse than the other, which was so annoying and odd. Thankfully, after a few weeks it regulated. I'm glad I stuck with it. Now, roughly six weeks in I'm happy with how it's working. For those thinking about making the switch, remember to give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment