Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ireland: Part One

Oh, how I waited forever for this trip! The challenge in getting there was that we were flying stand by. The benefit was that the flights were free, but the stand by part was stressful.

So, after missing two flights to Newark and running through the airport like a maniac, we were on our way. I slept most of the flight, like I normally do. We arrived at a small airport in Shannon, Ireland. There I received the secon stamp on my passport. Unfortunately, my bag didn't make the trip. Instead, it took a trip to London. My dad and I set our bags down side-by-side, but his made it and mine didn't. They thought mine would arrive on the 5 or 9pm flight. If it came on the 5pm, they would drive it out to me. I was strangely relaxed about the whole thing. They gave me a bag of toiletries to get me by until I got my bag. On a side note, let me just say that a shoe shine kit doesn't make much sense in there.

From there we picked up the rental car and headed to Doolin. We stopped in Ennistymon to get cash and happened upon this pretty spot.

It was over an hour drive. There were tons of roundabouts and the roads were killer narrow. Everything was so green and pretty. We got a GPS which was one of the best ideas ever. Our first town was Doolin and we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment