Monday, June 1, 2015

San Andreas, The Movie

I was unsure how cheesy San Andreas would be, but my friend and I were really impressed with it.

The Rock, Dwayne Johnson was the only A lister in the movie, though the supporting cast was really strong with noticeable faces like Paul Giamatti, Carla Gugino, Ioan Guffadd, Kylie Minogue (my friend recognized her) and Will Yun Lee.

It takes place mainly in California, following a series on earthquakes there and at the Hoover Dam in Nevada (scary part). As the movie name suggests, the earthquakes essentially fall along the lines of the San Andreas fault.

I will admit that the Rock lives through things no one else would. Maybe that's why he's the Rock ;) He also has an easy time getting out of challenging situations...oh wow, there just happens to be a plane he can steal. How is the boat not clogged by the tons of building materials in the water? I guess, it's a super boat built to not fail the Rock...

This movie does keep you on the edge of your seat. I laughed and nearly cried, but despite all the unreal things that happened it makes you cheer them on. I'm still a Rock fan. More importantly, I would see it again.



Have you seen it? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment