Friday, August 21, 2015

Virginia Beach

Last week, I went on a much needed vacation to Virginia. One of my very good friends lives there. Our first stop was Virginia Beach.
We got tickets to Cirque du Soleil, Kooza. I'd always wanted to go to a Cirque du Soleil show, but I thought I'd never be able to afford to see one, so I was really excited!!! The show was everything I'd hoped for and more! I laughed and smiled the whole time! I enjoyed the confetti cannon! I was sad when the show ended. The experience was almost magical. :)

We stayed at a place we found on AirBNB. It was two blocks away from the beach. It was a beautiful oasis. Check it out here. Christine and her sweet dog, Cash were great hosts! We had a private entrance, patio, and bathroom. We'll definitely be back for a longer stay next time!
In Virginia Beach, we ate at Abbey Road for lunch. The place was pet friendly and brought my friend's dog a water dish. I had fish tacos and they were really good!
We walked on the beach and boardwalk. We saw the ocean and I got my feet wet, literally. I love the ocean!
Unknowingly, our trip coincided with the Neptune Festival. We got to hear the Symphony by the Sea. Symphonicity performed right in front of the ocean. We walked to the beautiful sounds of it.
Neptune!!!
We had dinner at Cactus Jack's. The hostess was terrific. Our waiter was a lot of fun. While I didn't like my crab cake salad, my friend loved her brisket sandwich.
We shopped at Seaside Flags & Gifts. It was a fun, little shop. The sales girl was great and helpful. I got a super cute, bird ring holder and an iridescent, fish Christmas ornament.
That next morning, we got up early and headed to the beach.
I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment