Sunday, November 1, 2015

DC, Part 1

I had such a great time in DC!

First night, we visited friends and had dinner in Springfield at Mike's American Grill. It's such an impressive-looking restaurant, but unfortunately for us, the service was awful and the food was pretty good, click here to see my more of my thoughts.

The next morning, we hit the sights in DC. I was warned that DC is extremely hot and humid, but wow very unaccepted!

The first stop was the poignant Arlington Cemetery. I knew I had to see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during changing of the guard. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was solemn and still as we watched the lone soldier keeping guard. The changing of the guard is a must see with the beautiful military traditions I've come to love! It was hard to believe that there were 150,000 graves!


Such a wonderful start to my DC trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment