Wednesday, December 9, 2015

See Me by Nicholas Sparks

I am a massive Nicholas Sparks fan. I've read EVERY book he's ever written. My favorites are: A Walk to Remember and the Last Song.

I was excited to read Nicholas Sparks' newest book, See Me. I broke my rule of not reading a book for fun during the semester, but I was on a waiting list at the library and couldn't give up my spot.

See Me is about a Mexican women, named Maria in her late 20s and her family. Since I'm Mexican, I thought it could be even more interesting.

All the books involve love and plot twists you don't see coming, so this one was no different. Let's see...Maria works in a law office. She meets a tattooed guy often on the wrong side of the law. Colin is going to school to be a teacher, tends bar, and is an MMA fighter. They come from very different worlds, but still fall in love. Shocking, right?!

A twist is that Maria gets a stalker. Yeah, I know; weird. Then the stalker gets violent. Then, there turns out to be 2 stalkers, but no one can figure out who they are until the end. Maria and her family's safety is at risk. Colin wants to protect her, but can't get in any trouble with the law or risk going to prison. Yada, yada, yada. They all live and stay together, while the stalkers face justice and unhappy fates. Pretty much just like we want plots to end, right?

It was an interesting read, but not one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks' books. Here's hoping they don't make it into a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment