Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ruffly Fabric Wreath

I've posted in the past about where I got my love of wreaths and how to make a burlap wreath. I've been wanting to make a ruffly wreath like seen here, so spring break was my time for a project.

Here's the tutorial that I used. Let's just say that it was a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

I chose to make the larger-sized wreath. It required WAY more fabric than I expected. I eventually chose a bright coral fabric.

I used the suggested ruler, self healing mat, and rotating cutter. Cutting the fabric took EIGHT HOURS! From there, it took ANOTHER 8 HOURS to tie all 5 yards worth of fabric to the wire frame.

I'd found the little flower bouquet at Goodwill and knew a white ribbon would tie it all together well. Again my mom made the ribbon for me. :)

This is not for the faint of heart, but I was thrilled with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment