Friday, November 18, 2016

Recipe #31: Mexican Pasta Salad

I enjoy making pasta salads for events, but am extra nervous about using mayonnaise. I never want to be responsible for anyone getting food poisoning. I was excited to to find this recipe, Mexican Pasta Salad that doesn't include mayo.

INGREDIENTS

1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 glove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil
1 tablespoon white wine (or white balsamic) vinegar
1 tablespoon Wildtree Chipotle Lime Rub
2 cups uncooked pasta, prepared according to package directions
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
2 avocados, diced

I improvised, as always. I used dried cilantro. I also, used kidney beans instead of black beans.

I ended up liking this recipe, but I would say that it's best made and eaten in the same day, as the avocados discolor.

My finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment