Monday, March 6, 2017

Mattress Upgrade

After realizing that I'd been complaining of back pain from my 22+ year old mattress for over 1.5 years, I decided I had to look into getting a new one.

So, the search began. I went with a trusted friend. We started at Faith Furniture as they had a sale. The mattress in my price range just wasn't the right one. Stop #2 was the Sears Homestore. They had two mattresses, but no pricing. The guy seemed bothered to have to look up pricing. He was gone forever. I was happy to leave there. They had the worst customer service.

Next stop was Feldkamp's Furniture. There, we encountered the most inexpressive sales guy. There I found the mattress of my dreams, but it was not within my budget. The dream mattress was a Dr. Greene's mattress. Dr. Greene is an orthopedic surgeon and this was the first mattress that supported my low back. My low back was my problem area. I unfortunately couldn't get that mattress.

From there, we went to Mattress Firm. Though I'd heard good things about it, the prices were exorbitant. Off to the next place. By this point, I was still stuck on the Dr. Greene's mattress, but couldn't make it work with my budget. :(

Then I found a great deal on a mattress at Beds for Less, but it still wasn't the one I wanted.

So, I went home and did some research. I found that another store in Manhattan, Kansas, where I live, had the mattress. So, I went to Mattress Hub. I asked if they had the Dr. Greene's mattress and they said they did, but under another name. I tried it and it was indeed the same as Dr. Greene's and thankfully at a much more affordable price with interest-free financing!!! So, I got a Somerton Plush Mattress made at the Serta plant.

Ever since I got that mattress my low back pain has gone away and I sleep so well. I should've gotten that mattress a long time ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment