Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Learning to Hand Letter

Recently, I've gotten into hand lettering. It's so cool and is on major trend right now.

I found a book I really liked, Hand Lettering 101 by Chalk Full of Love.
This book is fantastic. It shows how to make each letter with the down strokes and leaves room to practice. Since I borrowed the book from the library, I put tracing paper over the top of the letters. Then I would try to write the letters on my own. I've since used my new skills in making cards. It's been fun to learn and use my new skills. I think hand lettering is so pretty. The book also shows how to mix different styles of font and how to use flourishes. My examples below show two of the styles of font I learned. Great book!

Part of what I love about hand lettering is that you don't have to start out with tons of supplies. I started out with a sharpie and craft markers I already had. I've even started making my own cards using my new skill.

My progress:



Next is Hand Lettering 201! I will also share my journey through that book with you. Here's to learning more!
















No comments:

Post a Comment