Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lake of the Ozarks

After missing my yearly lake trip last year, I was so excited to finally be back at the lake. Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri is five hours from where I live in Manhattan, Kansas. It's a beautiful resort town. Three and a half hours of the drive is on I-70, which means it's pretty boring except while going through Kansas City.

Eight years ago, this summer I interned at Tan-Tar-A Resort. I was a banquet intern and worked as a hostess at two restaurants on the resort. At the time, I thought I wanted to be a banquet intern. I have a lot of great memories there.

Once at the lake we checked into our hotel, Tan-Tar-A Resort. We like to stay in the Estates which is off the resort and feels more secluded.

Pretty, right? That night, we had dinner at Shorty Pants.They have the best Asian Shrimp Salad there.We always love the food here.

Next, we headed to Woody's, a dive bar to play pool. After that, we went to Topsider, my favorite club ever. They had a really good band there called,Queens Blvd. They play songs from a variety of eras and other bands. They rapped and sang country. They did it all so well. They actually played both nights we went to Topsider and we enjoyed hearing them. We wondered if they have any of their own songs.

Saturday, we went to the Arrowhead deck pool at Tan-Tar-A. I love that pool because it overlooks the lake. Here, I partook of my annual pizza and strawberry daiquiri. :)

After some time at the pool, we jet skied. We love to jet ski so much! The lake was busy, so the water was pretty choppy; it almost made me seasick. I laugh and scream the whole time! I get going fast and scare myself a lot. :)

That night, we went for dinner to Mexicali Blues. They have the best salsa and shrimp tacos!

We did a little shopping at the Osage Beach Premium Outlet. They've got a great selection of stores and a nice layout.

Before we left, we got lunch at City Grille. They make a terrific Ultimate Chicken Sandwich. I LOVE their cole slaw!

It was hard to leave, but I'm already ready to visit again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment