Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Walk in the Woods

Hello to all my new readers in Russia, Ukraine, and Germany.

Since the movie, A Walk in the Woods isn't in the theaters anymore and isn't yet on DVD, I decided to read the book. To be honest, I didn't know the movie was based off of a book until I saw it while Christmas shopping.

I love the book, it's a fairly easy read. It's by Bill Bryson and he's now my new favorite author. He's written a lot of travel-related books that I plan on reading.

A Walk in the Woods is about the time Bill and his friend, Katz walked the Appalachian Trail. They had some many adventures and misadventures. Bill gives the history of the trail and the areas they travel through. At times there's too much side info for me, but I skip it over when it gets to be too much.

In the book, Bill and Katz are in their 40's. They fight each other, the weather, and other hikers. I often find myself laughing while reading it. Try it and see what you think.

Excited to see the movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment