Friday, April 29, 2016

Spare Parts, the Movie

Earlier this year while looking through movie options on Hulu, I thought this movie looked interesting. It had several familiar faces: George Lopez, Marisa Tomei, Carlos PenaVega, and Alexa PenaVega. It was a heart-warming story of underdogs achieving greatness despite all odds. In a high school on the West Coast, undocumented students come together to form a robotics club with George Lopez's character as their advisor. They work together to compete in a robotics competition against reigning champions, MIT. I loved their determination and resourcefulness, as they obviously had a much smaller budget than teams like MIT.

I found out that Spare Parts is actually a book and I plan to read it this summer. Kansas State University has a book of the year for students to read and this fall's book is Spare Parts.

I really enjoyed the movie and I think you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment