Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Throwing a Baby Shower on a Budget

I wanted to throw a surprise baby shower for a friend, but it HAD to be on a shoestring budget.

I started with a secret Pinterest board; gathering game, food, and decoration ideas.

My Inspiration






(You may remember that I made this for my parent's 25th Anniversary party. Anyway, my friends LOVED it!) Click here for the recipe.

Making it Work

Thankfully, my cousin had just hosted a baby shower so I borrowed glass plates with cup holders (which were a lifesaver for my small apartment, streamers, napkins, balloons, stencils, and fabric pens with which to decorate bibs. My parent's have a lifetime supply of streamers from my parties, so that helped.

I was shocked by how much everyone enjoyed decorating bibs! They turned out so well!

I found this website and printed out the month for guests to guess the due date.


I also made sugar cookie sandwiches with frosting on the outside rolled in blue, green, and yellow sprinkles. I also made my own version of cheesecake dip which is terrific (cream cheese, sugar, whip cream, sour cream, and a little vanilla. Served my favorite store bought hummus with carrots and pita chips.

Costs

Frame for birthday date guess; $1 (Dollar Tree)
Baby boy-colored sprinkles: $1.83ish (Walmart)
Bibs: $10ish (Target)
Food: $15
Total (minus gift): under $30!!!

Best Part


My friend was surprised, everyone had fun, and she received much-needed items for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment