Monday, December 5, 2016

Louisiana Thanksgiving

With my uncle's health failing, we decided to head to Louisiana for Thanksgiving.

Down South food for Thanksgiving is a bit different.

In the south, they don't have mashed potatoes and gravy for Thanksgiving. Instead, they have potato salad. For me, potato salad is for summer barbecues.

I also, had for the first time, carrot souffle. It was so good and sweet; my fav! It was a great addition to our Thanksgiving dinner and I plan to make it for Christmas. It was store bought, so I couldn't get the recipe, but here's what I found on Pinterest.
Also, the green bean casserole had cheese instead of cream of mushroom. There was Cajun fried turkey, roast and rice, stuffing, ham, and thankfully a salad. ;)

The weather was terrific and it was great so get to see so many family members. Now, I have baby fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment