Monday, January 30, 2017

Alistair Begg Quote

My church, Trinity Baptist posted a really thought-provoking quote that I wanted to share with you all.

As a Scotsman,
I'm subject to Queen Elizabeth II.
But I haven't ever had a phone call or a visit from her.
She doesn't know my name.
Her greatness is revealed in how isolated she is from me.
But God's greatness is revealed in His intimacy with us.
He does know my name
and He does know yours.
He knows about, and He cares about,
the responsibilities that weigh heavy on you,
the quiet disappointments that gnaw at you,
and the concerns that keep you awake at night.
He knows about your hopes and aspirations and the moments that make your heart sing.

The Creator is mindful of you, and that gives you value,
whatever the world sees when it looks at you,
and however you are treated by those around you.
He is mindful.

All of us, whatever our background or beliefs, have a picture of God.
Many of us have a God who we do not believe in because we do not like him.
If you do not believe in God because he is distant, uncaring, and unhelpful, I understand.
I do not believe in that God either!

Here is the God of Christmas, of history.
He is a God who knows you,
and he cares about you,
and he makes promises to you,
and he acts to help you.
He is the mindful God
-Alistair Begg

Well, I don't know about you, but this is just the kind of God I need and that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment