Monday, February 6, 2017

Movie #1: The Shallows

Let me preface this by saying, I really hate scary movies. That being said, I really wanted to see this movie and I'm kinda a Blake Lively movie since her movie, the Age of Adeline.

I knew the scary parts involved a shark.

So, Blake's character goes surfing alone to a beach her now-deceased mom surfed at. It's pretty remote and very beautiful. There are two other guys surfing, but she pretty much stays to herself. They leave, but she wants to catch another wave.

She happens upon the giant dead remains of a whale. That then brings the shark who now wants her as one of his meals. What ensues is a kind of cat-and-mouse "chase" with the shark that lasts roughly 24 hours and leaves the other two surfers coming back and being killed. Will she live? Will she die? It was a bit gory, but thankfully not as bad as I thought it'd be. Blake Lively is in great shape on the movie, so it's definitely good fitness inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment