Thursday, July 20, 2017

Little Grill, Manhattan, KS

My mom and I visited Little Grill on Friday. I hadn't been there in roughly 10 years. They've grown since then and the building updates looked nice while keeping the beach-y feel. Click here for my full review.

The rum punch was yummy and not too strong or sugar-y. Mom ordered fish 'n chips. The homemade jerk potato chips were great. Her dish came with plantains and I loved the lightly sweet flavor. I ordered the gumbo. It wasn't like gumbo down south, but rather had a clear broth base. The meat was all so tender. It had fish, stew meat, chicken, rice, carrots, potatoes. and beans. It came with festival, a kind of cornbread stick. Each bite of gumbo was a surprise. I loved it.

If you're in Manhattan, Kansas check it out, but arrive early as the place gets packed on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment