Monday, August 14, 2017

My Trip to Detroit

Three weeks ago, I headed to Detroit for a work conference. Of all places, I was hoping the conference would be in a cooler location.

It was my first time in Michigan.

The conference was at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center.

It was 20+ miles from the airport to where we stayed in downtown Detroit. The drive was similar to a drive in any huge city, like Kansas City.

Outside the hotel was the Detroit RiverFront. It was beautiful. Right across the water was actually Canada. We enjoyed walking out there.


Once arriving and settling into our rooms, my coworker and I were starving. We finally settled on Jon Muer Seafood which was in the same building as the Renaissance Center. We sat outside to enjoy the view of the RiverFront. This upscale place had great food and I'd definitely go there again.

We visited Granite City and had a decent happy hour. They were also located in the Renaissance Center.

Our conference also had an outing to Comerica Stadium to the Detroit vs. KC baseball game.
And the Royal's, my team won!!!

Our last afternoon in Detroit, we checked out Belle Isle. It was so cool and from what we heard, the size of Central Park.

We also happened upon Edsel & Eleanor Ford House. The grounds were beautiful.

No trip to Detroit is complete without driving on 8 mile.

In all, I felt pretty safe in Detroit. I'd definitely go again and next time would bring my passport, so I can go to Canada. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment