Monday, February 12, 2018

Book: Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines

I have long loved watching HGTV's Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines. They balance each other perfectly; he's goofy and she's more serious. I really enjoyed their book, the Magnolia Story. It told their story and felt told mainly in Joanna's voice.

Capital Gaines is all Chip Gaines. It's about the defining moments in his life, his love of Waco, and their businesses. It's all told in Chip's upbeat, hardworking vibe. It's encouraging; chase that dream, do the impossible, put in the work. This was a fast and fun read for me. It also helped me understand what drives Chip. I was so shocked when I found out that season 5 would be the last for Fixer Upper. In the book, Chip really goes into why they decided to not continue with the show. His reasons made me respect him more. Though I will miss the show, you can bet going to Waco is on my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment