Saturday, August 4, 2018

Part 3: My Staycation in Manhattan, KS

Roughly, 8 years ago, I attended Symphony in the Flint Hills. It's such a cool event, the Kansas City Symphony is essentially picked up and placed in a tranquil, prairie setting. Between the music and the scenery, it's an unforgettable experience. What's also interesting is that it moves locations around that state.

This year, it was roughly two hours from Manhattan, KS at Rosalia Ranch in Rosalia, KS.

Along the way, they had related events in Cottonwood Falls, KS. We stopped and got this great photo of their courthouse.

Cottonwood Falls was cute and quaint. At the Vintage Bulldog, I found a super cute, turquoise, glass fruit bowl. At Salty Cow Mercantile, I found a new K-State bracelet.

The music and scenery didn't disappoint. My dad took a gazillion photos. Here are my best photos:


We finished off the weekend, eating brunch at my beloved, Coco Bolos. My dad ordered and loved their Stacked Enchiladas. I super enjoyed their Baja Chicken & Shrimp Wrap! A great end to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment