Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My Day Trip to Leawood and Lawrence, KS

The day after I got back from Chicago, I went to the KC area with my mom for one of her doctor's appointments. While there, we checked out Blue Koi, a restaurant that that she saw featured in Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. There we enjoyed their terrific dumplings. I also tried bubble tea for the first time and loved their almond joy one. I can't wait to visit Blue Koi again!

On our way home to Manhattan, KS, my mom was craving a burger. From my explorations of Lawrence, KS in May, I recommended the Burger Stand at the Casbah. They have grass-fed beef, which is a requirement for my mom. Mom ordered and enjoyed the Classic burger and I ordered and loved the Black & Blue burger. My burger came with Maytag blue cheese and granny smith chutney; so good, especially since I love sweet and tart flavors! The fries were also good. The Burger Stand makes all kinds of unique sauces, which I think helped them stand out. My mom talks about going back there soon.

Black & Blue Burger
The Classic Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment