Sunday, February 23, 2014

Relationship Ramble

There's something about the finality of an ended relationship. All the parts and pieces can't be easily swept away. The explanation of the demise of it all isn't simple. Closure is generally not enough for one party. Feelings are hurt, emotions run high, questions remain. The rough parts are the memories; any little thing can trigger them. One minute you're fine and the next you're remembering your first date with that person or the moment you realized the attraction was mutual. Along with the happy memories are those of blank stares, unreturned calls and texts, and the finality of whatever it was. One minute you smile, the next you fight a tear. Sometimes, it's hard to rationalize how something that started out so great quickly turned into what it is. You wonder if something seemingly so small ended it, if it was just a matter of time before it'd have fallen apart anyway, but the problem is you'll never know. It's harsh to think that our lives will no longer intersect. Maybe this is the way it was supposed to be anyway.

Either way, I know God has an amazing plan for my life. He didn't promise it wouldn't be rocky and pain-free, but He did promise He'd take the journey with me and would see me through to the end. I have to find peace and solace in that.

Since I love quotes, I thought I'd share this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment