Sunday, September 27, 2015

Make Up 101

I'm that girl who is kinda bad at being a girl. Make up and especially eye shadow techniques are totally over my head. While on vacation, last month, my make up savvy friend showed me the ropes.

I learned to make a "wing" using eye liner. I learned using Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper. For me a thinner wing looks best with my dark features. My friend had me practice on my hand. Applying light pressure and then increasing the pressure as you get to the outside edge of the eye creates a wing. I always thought it would really be hard, but I did it perfectly the first time.

My friend shared that you should exfoliate and moisturize your lips before putting on lip color. This helps to make the color last; it works so well!

I found my new favorite polish, Ciate, Monte Carlo on this trip too. It's a bright, glittery polish. I initially used it with a white base and a fuchsia accent finger. I've actually been searching for the polish since I tried it. I just found and ordered some this week.
My friend also opened me up to the joys of highlighter. My friend gave me Benefit, High Beam. Essentially, it helps illuminate your eye area. Here's how is should be applied (thanks, Pinterest).

I also got to try Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss. It is really neat, according to Sephora, "This skintuitive energy shade joins tarte’s LipSurgence lip glosses for a bright lip look in your own unique shade of pink. Infused with the same pH-adjusting skintuitive technology that made tarte’s LipSurgence skintuitive lip tint a bestseller, this lip gloss is infused with rich antioxidant plant extracts that assist with smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while delivering intense hydration and your own complexion-enhancing shade a pink in a sweet vanilla, glossy finish." It's different for each person which is really cool! It was a bright, cheery red on me. :) This is going on my Christmas list.

I was also introduced to Tarte's Glamazon 12-hour lip stick in Inspired. Since I learned all about eye shadow, I needed a lip color so I could better balance my look. I love this soft pink, it's perfect for everyday and especially when I'm doing a heavier eye.
My friend also introduced to me my new favorite mascara, I normally hate the stuff because it clumps, but Make Up Forever mascara in smoky extravagant is a dream. It has a unique, cone-shaped brush tip and NO clumping. It's nice and smooth.

As you can see, I learned a lot and am still experimenting. It's been a lot of fun! Next up? Figuring out contour maps. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment