Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My First Real Sephora Experience

While on my vacation in Virginia, I had my first real experience with Sephora. I've always been intimidated by the store and make up in general. My friend that I was visiting is an eye makeup guru, so I got lots of help. The 15 minute Sephora eye shadow class was overwhelming for a girl who generally just wears concealer and foundation every day. On a good make up day I wore eye liner, curled my lashes, and put on lip glass. I had a lot to learn, but I wanted to get better at eye make up.

First off, I loved the Urban Decay eye shadow primer, Minor Sin. I seldom wore eye shadow because I didn't know what I was doing and I hated the crease in my eye shadow that always appeared before noon and made it looked like you hadn't even tried. Even though I'm cheap, I had to get the primer. I'm happy to report that 98% of the time it doesn't crease! Here's they looked they created for me.
Next time, I'll go lighter on the liner wing.

My friend also helped me build a great palette of 6 eye shadows from Buxom: Posh Purple, Backstage Pass (darkish blue), Schmooze (tealish), Cool Cavier (a rich, medium gray), Pure Platinum (a fun sparkly silver), and Diamond Darling (a shimmer-y white). Every day of my vacation after my Sephora trip, my friend guided my through the world of eye shadow.

I finished off the trip with 2 Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencils in: Psychedelic Sister (a fun purple) and Sabbath (a medium blue). They are so smooth, I love them!

I'm definitely having a lot of fun experimenting with all my new items!

No comments:

Post a Comment