Sunday, September 6, 2015

My First Uber Experience

While on vacation in Washington DC last month, my friend and I used Uber for the first time. It was pretty easy to get setup using the app. I downloaded it, entered my credit card info, and that was it. Things to know: 1) you can see the cost estimate for your trip ahead of time, 2) you can't book your trip ahead (just when you're ready to be picked up), 3) there's no cash exchange (they charge your credit card), 4) they show you a photo of the driver and the vehicle description.

Once we put in the call for our driver, it took roughly 5 minutes for him to arrive. Our first driver looked scary. My theory is that if I don't think I could kill the person, I don't feel safe. Now would I actually kill them? No, but I think of it that way. So, we cancelled our first driver. The next one looked nice. Uber also gives you a confirmation code for the driver, to confirm that they're indeed a legit Uber driver. Also, Uber drivers display an Uber decal on their car window.

Our driver, Imron already knew where we were going since we entered that information into the app when setting up a ride. He was very nice and talkative. His car was clean and we felt at ease with him quickly. He gave us info on the area we were going to. We learned about his life and that he plans to start flipping houses full time soon. Felt like we were riding with a friend. I'm now generally more comfortable with the idea of Uber vs. a regular taxi for the most part.

Use this referral code to get $20 off a ride with Uber: MYRANDAK6UE
Come on, I want a free ride! ;)

Lastly, our fare was really reasonable.I would not hesitate to book another Uber ride in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment