Friday, September 6, 2019

Part 1: My Trip to Wichita, KS

I work part time as a track and field official. I met my best friend through being an official, last spring. Since, we've worked a lot of meets together and have traveled to a few meets together also.

My friend talked me into working a meet at Wichita State for the Shocker Club. That matched up with a John Crist comedy tour. So, we made a overnight trip of it.

Last year, was when I started following him on social media and he's fantasically funny, as well as a Christian. If you haven't heard of him, you're missing out! Enjoy!







His show was an experience unlike anything I've ever seen. It was essentially like a hip hop concert with loud music via a DJ and colored lights. The opening comics were so funny. It was definitely a high-energy experience.

Mike Goodwin was one of the opening comics. Here are some of his funniest clips.


We stayed at the Best Western Plus Eastgate Inn & Suites. It was super affordable, but not the nicest place I've ever stayed. We did feel safe there and used their gym which was small, but adequate.

We researched restaurants a lot before this trip, since my best friend has a gluten allergy. After looking at restaurants that listed being able to work with those with a gluten allergy, we picked Bite Me BBQ.

We found the restaurant pretty easily downtown. We went in and inquired about their gluten free offerings and the waitress was clueless. We talked to a manager who was a little more helpful, but what they had shouldn't have warranted them marking that they have gluten-free items on the TripAdvisor website.

Now to the food. After reading reviews, we had really high hopes, but unfortunately the food had no flavor. To be honest, the food didn't set well with either of us that evening. We were disappointed and would not go to Bite Me BBQ again.



After the comedy show, we decided to find a local place to get ice cream at. We settled on the cool-named, Churn & Burn. Churn & Burn was a cute, little shop with gelato and lots of fun flavors. I settled on their peanut butter truffle flavor. It was SO good. Unfortunately, I think the ice cream was too rich for my system, because I got sick after eating it. My friend was fine though.

Well, this encompasses our very full first day in Wichita.

No comments:

Post a Comment