Monday, January 18, 2021

Book: Everything Beautiful in Its Time by Jenna Bush Hager

Before Jenna Bush Hager's book, Everything Beautiful in Its Time: Seasons of Love and Loss, I'd never read anything that she wrote. As I've gotten back into reading books, I decided to start the year reading her book. I'm not quite sure what I expected from her writing, but I did think it'd be more political than it was.

I felt like through the book, I came to understand Jenna's personality, life, and family more. The book is about her relationships with her four grandparents and how each relationship was different. Some of the beauty of her relationships is that they wrote letters to each other which is a rare and beautiful gift. Her grandparents all died within about a year of each other and there were many things she mourned about losing each one.

She also shares about her close relationship with her sister and parents which is sweet. Her and her husband have built a cute, little family and it was fun to see her perspective of life. This book was definitely heart-warming and sweet. It was a really easy, fast read and I was actually a little sad to finish it and would definitely recommend this read to others.

Now, I'm looking forward to reading other books that Jenna Bush Hager has written.

My goal this year is to read one book per month. The next book I'm reading is Option B by Sheryl Sandburg and Adam Grant. So far, I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment