Wednesday, January 27, 2021

My Summer of Purple Hair

Growing up, people didn't dye their hair often and even if they did, my parents wouldn't allow it. Once, I could make my own choices it was too late and my professional jobs wouldn't allow colored hair. So, I was stuck. I even guilted my mom about how I could never dye it. Enter the pandemic, which with work from home options allowed me to explore purple hair.

What I was hoping for was this...

So, I started out at the salon where I dropped a ton of money for purple hair.

Ten days later, it'd morphed into this.

Then I went back to the salon and got it reglazed to the best color yet.

Here were the phases of my purple hair:

To try to get it more purple, my stylist recommended I buy colored conditioner from Overtone.

It cost $29 and was backordered for a bit. When it arrived, it was easy to use, smelled like spearmint, and worked like a charm. The 8oz. container lasted for three applications and gave me the color I wanted for longer or until I had to dye it back for work. ;)

I truly enjoyed my summer of purple hair. I got lot of compliments and I had fun. I wish I could dye it another fun color. If I have to opportunity to dye it again, I'll definitely save some cash and use Overtone from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment