Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Profile Pictures 101

Here's what annoys me about dating profile pictures: 1)I don't quite get what people are thinking when they post dating profile photos that they're not in. Seeing a picture of your dog, car or motorcycle, or a place you've traveled to isn't going to make me want to date you if you're not also attractive. Get in the picture! 2) Group photos also drive me crazy. Which of the 17 people are you? What's worse is when all of their profile photos are of groups. I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo?! 3) I get that you want to look manly, but don't frown in your pictures. You look mean and then I have visions of you being a potentially violent person. Then, I click "no!" 4) If I don't think you're attractive already, the picture of your abs, arms, chest, or shoulders aren't going to help. 5)If I realize that in every shot you're in a club, bar, or holding an alcohlic beverage I'm going to think you're still in a partying phase and move on. 6) If in several shots you're with various girls (some even scantily clad) I'm going to wonder how many girls you've gone through and decide to save myself the trouble. Or I'm going to think I wear too much clothing for your taste. Either way, I'm clicking "no."

What do I want to see in a profile picture? Several pictures of your face, full length shots, and also ones of you having fun with friends or doing something you enjoy. If you've got a group shot of you and a FEW friends, caption it, tell me which one is you. If you have pictures of you with ladies, tell me who they are. Oh, it's your sister? Now that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment