Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dating Sites..I feel like I've tried them all

I've tried Eharmony, Match.com, Christian Mingle, and Plenty of Fish. What did I think of them?

Well, Plenty of Fish was the disaster of the bunch. I was barraged with guys ranging in age from 20 to 50s. Pretty much inundated with every kind of guy I WASN'T looking for. As an example of how bad it was; the guy from the disasterous, cheese date; met him on Plenty of Fish. They can keep their fish; I'm moving to another pond! I only lasted a week on there anyway.

Match never gives me what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a Christian and my daily matches are an array of agnostics, atheists, and the like. Not impressed. They don't filter well. Older men love me on that site...sigh. Thankfully, my membership expires this week.

Eharmony...it definitely has it's faults, but my matches are way better quality than the two previous sites. The problem? Most of the quality guys live several hours away. Gave up my membership there.

Lastly, Christian Mingle. Let me start out by saying my mom means well, she really does. One day, roughly three years ago, I got a call from her while at work. After some somewhat odd questions, I ask what she's doing. Can you guess? She signed me up for Christian Mingle and even started my profile and added photos for me. I wasn't upset; I just kind of found it well...amusing. So, at that time I was overwhelmed with guys in their 50s trying to talk to me or guys with multiple kids (including babies that were hot out of the oven). As a result, I backed away from the site. What brought me back was the coaxing of several family members. I know they mean well, but I guess they're also worried about my single state. It seems Christian Mingle's advertising was working; on my family. So, I'm back. My complaint about the site; you don't actually have to attend church to use the site. For me, my faith and attending church goes hand-in-hand. The guy from my first blog I met on Mingle. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment