Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Summer Without the Lake

Every summer since I interned there, the summer of 2006, I've returned to the Lake of the Ozarks; except this year. This year, a six-year tradition was broken. It generally doesn't feel like summer unless I've had my lake trip. This summer feels all out of sorts. Schedule-wise the trip just didn't work this summer. Between trying to find someone to go with and working around my intense summer class schedule, it just didn't happen. In all actuality, not much fun happened this summer. This summer, I was a bookworm. So why do I love the lake? Well, lots of reasons:
1) at the lake I feel carefree and like I'm still in college. I have a million memories from my summer interning there. I'm perpetually 22 there.
2) the lake is so peaceful and beautiful
3) the shopping outlets
4) the lakeside restaurants; breath-taking
5) dancing is the best at the lake; I miss Topsider
6) Jet skis make me happy. There's nothing like letting loose on a jet ski and maxing it out at 49mph, freaking out at how fast I'm going, then laughing and doing it again.
7) Everyone is friendly at the lake
8) My favorite moment of the year always happens right there. It's simple, but the highlight of my year; my pool and lakeside frozen strawberry daiquiri and pepperoni pizza moment. I miss that! :(
I guess, I knew my lake tradition wouldn't last forever. Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment