Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Car Starter Saga Continues

Earlier this year, I chronicled my car starter saga with Audio Junction.

Here are the three previous posts to give you some background: 1) Bad Customer Service Experience, 2) Audio Junction Issues, and 3) Last Chapter of the Car Starter Saga.

I regret to inform you all that the saga still continues.

Towards the start of warmer weather, I noticed the starter wasn't working properly; starting then dying. Over summer, I obviously didn't need it so, I didn't really think about it. Well, here in Kansas, we've already encountered a lot of cold weather and the starter still didn't work. So, I called Audio Junction, now AJRS and was told that they don't do car starter installs anymore and couldn't help me. I would have to pay to have it fixed elsewhere. They recommended I contact Performance Audio (more on them in a future post) to have them look at it. The result: well in the beginning, Audio Junction improperly attached a key needed to make it work and as a result it fell out and got lost. Of course, when I talked to AJRS they didn't mention that it was their fault it fell out in the first place. Now, I had to give up one of my two keys to make it work. When I asked AJRS to replace the key, they "couldn't make the call" because the owner was in Mexico on vacation for two weeks. You may remember from my previous posts that the owner was not professional and never got back to me about a partial refund like he said he would. The employees said it was very likely that he would say no, since it's been almost a year. I think, they should do the right thing and replace the key, but doubt they will. I just want it working and to end with as many keys as I started with. *Sigh!

Tweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment