Sunday, January 4, 2015

Annie

On New Year's Eve, a friend and I went to the theater to see "Annie." We actually ended up being the only people in the entire showing! That was a treat!

Annie wasn't a movie I was dying to see, but the previews had me intrigued, I never watched all of the original "Annie." I did like the songs from the original, Hard Knock Life and The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow. I ended up loving the entire movie which I hadn't expected. the actress who played Annie was endearing and a terrific singer. I generally like Cameron Daiz as an actress and felt that she portrayed her role perfectly, It was a side of her I'd never seen before. The girls that played Annie's fellow foster kids were talented and enjoyable. Jamie Foxx was great and I enjoyed his singing. Rose Byrne was mean in "Bridesmaids" as her character required, but sweet and likable in Annie. I was surprised to see that she was a good singer also. The movies singing and dancing was fun, catchy, and entertaining; bringing a modern twist to a beloved, old musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment