Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tonsillectomy, Part 3

I woke feeling like I'd been beaten up. I had a yummy blueberry, banana, cinnamon, almond milk shake that my mom made with her new NutriBullet.

I was feeling pretty good other than the body soreness. For the soreness which triggered my fibromyalgia in my shoulders and neck, I hopped in my parent's Whirlpool. We added Epsom salt and a stress relief bubble bath. The jets really helped workout the extreme sensitivity I had in my shoulders and neck. Afterwards, I felt better and could move.

I had some oatmeal with chopped, dried apricot, almond milk, and honey for lunch. I took a little nap, but was up for most of the day.

Then evening hit :( Now the doctor had said the pain would get worse before it got better. I felt like I'd been punched in the throat and that it'd been stretched from the inside out.

For dinner, Mom made some terrific broccoli puree that I loved! Alas, the pain was getting real, so I had three blueberry slushies (homemade popsicles) with with a lemon-lime drink and that helped freeze the pain away.

These days were a blur of pain. Literally, in pain at all moments. Waking up several times a night to take pain pills was difficult as my throat had dried out in the hours I'd been sleeping. On top of that, I had to eat something with the meds, so I wouldn't get an upset tummy. Nothing sounded good to eat. I mainly only ate to take meds. With meds, I ate rotated eating what I thought wouldn't make me sick; lemon jello with orange juice, lime jello, chocolate pudding, and applesauce.

Also, during this time, I felt like I was drowning in mucus/phlegm. I had no idea this was even a possible side effect. I called the doctor and they said to drink more to dilute it. That wasn't a fun answer, but it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment