Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tonsillectomy, Part 4

With surgery, I couldn't talk above a mumbled, loud whisper. A week after surgery, my voice started coming back. Also, my tongue was swollen at least three times the normal size. By the weekend after my surgery, it started getting back to normal.

Little did I know the tide of misery was changing. Tremendous ear pain started four days after surgery, right in time for the weekend. It almost made me cry. So, we started putting colloidal silver in my ears a couple of times a day and that really helped.

I started having a bit of an appetite, though nothing sounded appetizing.

A week after surgery, I was off pain meds.

I thought I would read, watch TV, and be on the internet a lot, but I was wrong. I slept a ton. As I felt better, I watched TV, read dozens of magazines, spent sometime on the internet (Pinterest and Facebook).

Happy that the worst of it is over! I started back to work, Friday, a week and a half after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment