Tuesday, May 31, 2016

KC, Part 1

Last month, my mom and I decided to take a mini trip to Kansas City. It all started because my cousin had a gift certificate for a suite at a fancy Kansas City hotel that he wouldn't be able to use before it expired.

I hadn't attended a Royals game in awhile and mom was game. Later, I shockingly found out that this would be her first Royals or professional baseball game for that matter.

We headed out to Kansas City and stopped to shop at Legend's, a wonderful outlet mall, along the way. We, of course, stopped at T.J.Maxx, one of our favorite stores.

Next, we headed to the hotel that was in the Power and Light District, the Ambassador. It was beautiful and classy. Anyone headed to the Power and Light District should stay there, it's so convenient.

We went to get an early dinner before the game at the Power and Light District, since my mom had never been. We ate at Gordon Biersch. I had a terrific salad.

Next, we left for Kauffman Stadium which was a short drive away. Leaving early was the key and we were able to get in and parked in a decent about of time. We splurged for good seats.

What we hadn't expected was how cold it would get that night. Despite the fact that it was late April and had been sunny and warm during the day, the wind was insane. My mom ended up spending part of the game in the team store. Nevertheless, the Royals won and we made priceless memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment