Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Dating Profile Tips

I have unfortunately been on dating sites for over 15 (yikes, I didn't realize it'd been that long!). I that time, I've posted my own profiles and read thousands of profiles. There are a couple keys ways to make your profile stand out and I'll share how here:

1. Post as many photos as the site will allow

Whether is works in my favor or not, I want potential matches to know what I really look like. I hate when people just post one picture or they look totally different in each of their pictures. Other pet peeves are when people post old photos. All photos should be from within a year. Also, I don't need to see your travel photos that you aren't in. Write about your love for travel and keep the photos for showing what you look like. There should be close-up and full length photos of you dressed up and casual. If you include a group photo, share where you are.

2. Avoid one-word and short answers while filling out profile

It's your dating profile, you want to stand out. I want people to have a feel for my personality, values, etc. from reading my responses. What you've written should make the reader want to know more or decide you're not the right match. Rejection of your profile isn't a bad thing, it helps weed out wrong matches.

3. Avoid silence/ghosting

I hate when I message someone and they look at my profile, then never respond. If you don't like me, delete me. It's okay, I know how this works. Don't leave me in limbo.

4. Short replies or lack of asking questions

I'm looking for a good conversationalist, so it annoys me when you start a conversation with only "hey," do one-word replies, or don't help carry the conversation by asking questions. That exhausts me and is a deal-breaker.

It's okay to talk to me, then decide you don't like me. Just wish me well and delete me. Don't just ghost me and delete; it's called closure.

Yes, I actually follow my own advice. Let me know if you have anything you'd add to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment