Friday, September 20, 2013

Italy Part Three

Our first full day in Cinque Terre, we travelled a few minutes to the furthest of the towns. Riomaggiorre. They had beautiful rose bushes, lemon trees, and olive trees. We walked through the town and then took the trail to walk to Manarola.
It was a short, but very scenic walk to Manarola.
Along the walk there was a spot that lovers from Riomaggiore and Manarola met.
I had breakfast, a berry crostata, midway through the hike on the edge of a cliff.
Next was breath-taking Manarolo.
I loved the little shops in the towns. What was neat about Cinque Terre is that we saw a lot of the same tourists exploring in the little towns.
After Manarolo, I took a train to Corniglia. The best views where in Corniglia. Unfortunately, there was a 1,000 stair climb to get to the actual town. The views and gelato were worth the climb. I read in my Rick Steve's guidebook, that a little shop there had miel (honey) gelato. It was wonderful and refreshing. Here, I took my favorite picture of my entire trip!
I hope to go back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment