Friday, September 20, 2013

Italy Part Two

Cinque Terre was the place in Italy I most wanted to go. I researched it and knew I'd love it and I did. It's a series of 5 towns, some along cliffs and some on the ocean. I was the most peaceful part of the trip. Away from the craziness of city life. The cities are a few minutes away from each other via train or you can hike to most the cities. Less than a year before, several or the towns had been devastated by mudslides. I read the accounts, some residents even died and businesses went out of business. Each town is fairly tiny, but picturesque. We stayed in the largest of the five, Monterosso, my favorite. We loved eating at Miky's Cantina. It was slightly cold while we were there, so we didn't have much beach time. It was also the only of the five that had a beach.
We stayed there two nights. I wished it would've been longer. We arrived mid-afternoon and checked out Monterosso. Once we'd checked out Monterosso we went to nearby Vernazza. Vernazza was hard hit by the mudslides. It had beautiful ocean views.

No comments:

Post a Comment