Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Last Two Dates...

Hmmm, to talk about my last two dates or not, that is the question I've been pondering...Here goes nothing.

Met someone through school, he seemed really cool and had breath-taking blue eyes. We went out once and had a blast, though he seemed nervous out of his mind. Kinda fell off the face of the earth after that. Now we're just kinda acquaintances and I'm okay with that.

This last weekend I was a wedding date for the first time ever. Woot-woot! A high school classmate that I hadn't seen in 11 years, messaged me over summer and asked me to go to his little brother's wedding. It was actually a classmate that I used to have a small crush on (he doesn't know) and I like to say that I'm up for pretty much anything, so I agreed to go. The little brother and I used to box at the same gym. The date and I ended up being in charge of getting the couple's dogs to the wedding. My heels sunk in the ground at the outside wedding. Every female family member came and introduced themselves. Everyone was really sweet and asked where In was from and what I do. They found my MBA endeavor impressive and I got to semi-embarrass my date by talking about how he ended up at my school. He took it well, gave my a hand as I walked down stairs (I was wearing tall, but very cute shoes), and made sure I always had a beverage. He said he thought he was bad date, but he wasn't. There wasn't enough dance music, but I did get to put to use my ballroom dancing skills, a little. So, he's back out-of-state and I'm left remembering how nice it is to have a guy around to help me down stairs when I'm in crazy, tall shoes or to make sure my glasss never gets empty. It's the small stuff. In other news, I did get to wear a dress I bought and hadn't found a place to wear it in two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment