Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reading

I love to read and over summer decided to get some reading in before class starts. I've been wanting to read the 5 Love Languages, so I grabbed a copy. The book emphasized that you should learn the love languages of your loved ones. If you know their love languages you can speak to them in their language. So what does that mean? Well, my love language is Words of Affirmation. If someone wants to "speak my language," they could send me a text mentioning what they appreciate about me. That's a general example, but the gist of it is that we normally love people the way we prefer to be loved, but that might not be that person's love language. We feel most loved when loved according to our primary love language. The book gave several examples of ways to love people based on the five love languages. The five languages are: 1) Words of Affirmation, 2) Physical Touch, 3) Quality Time, 4) Gifts, and 5) Acts of Service. The book is well-written by Gary Chapman and I definitely recommend it. Shouldn't we all love each other the way they makes each other feel most loved?

I just realized that Nicholas Sparks wrote a new book that I somehow missed. I read all of Nicholas Sparks books. So, I got the book, At First Sight and read it fast. I can never put his books down. His books are generally all love stories. It follows an engaged couple. The guy moves from NYC to the small, southern town his fiancee lives in. The book kind of feels like a mystery. The fiance, Jeremy struggles with living in a small town, maintaining his writing career, getting married, and expecting a baby with someone he hasn't known long. There are lots of twists and turns in the book; it doesn't necessarily have a happy ending, but I guess that's life. Is your interest piqued? Are you going to read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment