Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sometimes You Need a Break

Spring semester was hard. I struggled with school, sleep, insurance issues, my rheumatoid arthritis, ending a negative friendship, I got my heart broken, and I gained weight. On top of that, I turned 30. The stress of everything had me feeling ill on a continual basis. I was nauseous every morning for months. I was tired of feeling awful. As soon as the semester ended, I hopped a plane for Ireland. In Ireland, from day 1, I felt amazing. My nausea went away. In Ireland, I felt like a brand-new me. My complexion cleared up and my hair looked amazing. With sights like these and wonderful fresh air; how could I not feel better?




I got home from my trip and after months of not being able to lose any weight; I lost 8 pounds in June! Let me be clear, the weight didn't just fall off. I watched my diet and worked incredibly hard; increasing my time in the gym. I mainly did cardio (zumba, rowing, and the elliptical) and ab class. In July, I traveled to Colorado Springs, CO and Lake of the Ozarks, MO. So, I definitely didn't lose any weight in July. :) In August, I lost 3 pounds. Though my battle with my weight will be a life-long one; I'll continue to work hard and try to stay healthy.

To brighten your day; how can one not smile when watching golden retriever puppies?! Yes, I have puppy fever! Can't have one at my apartment. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment