Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Berry Cobbler

This summer my parents and I grew blackberries. I love blackberries, but my parents aren't fans of the seeds, so I have a freezer nearly filled with blackberries. I've been using them in shakes. You know greek yogurt, skim milk, bananas, blackberries, and honey... Pretty much all those ingregients are my favorite on their own. Together they're so refreshing.

Well, I was invited to dinner at a friend's house. They said I could bring an appetizer, side, or dessert. It also happens to be the day before that friend's birthday and she just so happens to love berry pie. I realized I wouldn't have time to bother with crust, etc., so I decided on something easier; berry cobbler. For recipes, I of course turned to Pinterest!

I found numerous recipes and chose a very easy one. From there, I of course tweaked it. Don't I always?!

Here's the recipe:


At the store, I bought a mix of frozen blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. I used two cups of blackberries and two cups of the three berries. So, technically this is a quadruple berry cobbler. Some recipes mentioned adding tabs of butter and a cup of sugar. I added roughly six small tabs of butter to the finished product. I ended up using roughly eight ounces of soda. I also used roughly a tablespoon of sugar. I probably should've added the sugar when I only had the berries in the dish, but we'll see. I also slightly greased the pan. Some recipes said to cover with aluminum foil, so I compromised and added foil about 15 minutes in. It ended up needing to be baked longer than the recommended time; needed about 55 minutes total. So far, it smells delightful!

Yay, it was yummy! My friends enjoyed it and I left most with them. Looks tasty right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment