Saturday, January 18, 2014

Thrift Store Love

Those who know me well know that I love a good deal, which means I love thrift shopping! Manhattan has the greatest little thrift shop called, Rockstar and Rogers. Last Saturday, I actually went in search of some shirts. My closet is feeling kind of boring and I was hoping to add in more color and warmth. Unfortunately, I ended up buying nearly everything but shirts. So, what did I get? Well, I fell in love with a gorgeous black and white dress from Ann Taylor Loft.
I'm five to eight pounds from it fitting better, but it gives me inspiration since it's perfect for an event I have the end of February. Yes, I know you should never buy an article of clothing that doesn't currently fit, but I WILL fit in that dress this season and that dress is so perfectly me. I knew I'd regret not getting it. Next, I got sight of a bag I literally couldn't take my eyes off.
I couldn't immediately identify what I would use the bag for, but I wanted it. Thankfully, my mom called in that moment and my parents said spending $8.99 wasn't bad especially since I loved it. The bag feels like suede and has what feels like leather straps. The bag is gray and brown. I justified the purchase by saying I could use it when I travel or need to have a change of clothes and/or shoes on busy days. Next, I really liked a wild, neon yellow snake skin patterened Kenneth Cole Reaction wristlet.
It still had the tags attached which said it originally costs $40. I've been using the same metallic silver leather Fossil wristlet for the last 7+ years. I really love it, but a lot of times I like wearing all black or something simple like jeans and a t-shirt, but this will jazz it up. :) Also, snake print is the only kind of animal print I like. Lastly, I was getting ready to check out when I glanced at the shoe area and saw a nearly new pair of Pumas with a pink stripe.
They had some scuffs on top, so I got a few dollars off the price. They were less than half of what a brand new pair would be. I came up with several things I could wear them with; for working track meets (part time gig, long story), with shorts in the summer (my running shoes don't look good with them), with skinny jeans, and in general. I don't want to wear my running shoes everywhere and wear them out, so hence the Pumas. In college, I had a pair of Pumas with a silver stripe and I loved those shoes. I think, they eveidently wore out. I'm pretty excited about my purchases. I love thift stores, because I was able to get so many new and nearly new items for under $50 with tax. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment