Sunday, January 26, 2014

Audio Junction Issues

I tell you, they could make a small mini series out of this!

So, I'm picking up where my last post about the about this left off ("Bad Customer Service Experience"). I called Audio Junction again about the key and guess what?! Somehow they now had two keys for it! So, the lady who said they never would've told me they ordered a key didn't know what she was talking about and indeed they had ordered one. We make an appointment for me to come in that Saturday at 3 for the rest of the installation. I show up and they said they had the wrong parts of the keys. They thought the appointment was the next Wednesday, but it wasn't. So, now I have to wait to hear when it comes in. They apologize for the mess it's all become. Apparently, the lady that worked there was fired for being mean to customers. The guy who called me to say they had broke the chip in the key apparently went crazy and quit; something about his girlfriend moving to Cali made him lose it. Love sounds scary...

Finally, the key comes in, but it has to be programmed. It's my luck that it can only be programmed at a VW dealership. The closest one is in Topeka. They offer to take it to Topeka for me. We agree on this last, Friday. They'll pick up the car at my work. We settle on that morning before a meeting I have or around lunch. Meeting comes and no call. Noon comes and goes, no call. The appointment in Topeka, which is an hour away, is at 2:30. At 1:30, I text the installer, I'd mainly been working out logistics with, and he's shocked the guy hasn't come by. Finally, the owner comes and gets it. They know I need it back by 5pm. At 4:45, I finally call the owner to see if I'll have my car back or if I need to arrange for someone to pick me up. He says he'll be there in 5-10 minutes. After waiting by the door for eight minutes, I decide to just go shut down my workstation for the day. No shock, he's late and doesn't come until after 5. Nothing like keeping the customer waiting. So, the keys are now programmed, but the rest of the install has to be done. They think it'll take an hour. I drop it off the next day, Saturday, at 11:15. I let them know that I need it by 2 for work. They say that'll be no problem. At 2, no one has called me, so I call them. It'll probably take 45 minutes they say. I let them know I have to be to work by 2:45. They said to stop by in 15 minutes and it'll be ready. I arrive about 2:15 and it's not ready; "almost done." I start to freak out because it's now 2:30 and I still have to go home to change. I'm panicked and don't want to be late to work. I also, can't call in to let them know I'm running behind, because there's no one to answer the phone. I finally get the car at 2:45. They lost a screw that I need to look for or they'll buy one to replace it. The installer wants to give me the low-down on it and talk, but I can't; I'm late. He said I could contact him if I have any questions. I get in the car and check before flipping a U-turn. I run up the stairs and leave the apartment keys on the car. I run back grab them and run up the stairs. One minute later, I've changed shirts, shoes, and grab a jacket. I make it in about 15 minutes late and apologize profusely.

Today was warm, so I haven't used the automatic car starter yet. I'm excited to try it. Somehow, I only have 1.5 keys, not sure how that happened or what I can do with half a key. I've talked to Audio Junction twice about getting a partial refund. It's been just over four weeks since I first took it in. I've probably called a dozen times. My parents are really upset with how much of a hassle everything was, as it was one of my Christmas gifts. I should hear back mid-week about the refund. Both employees thought I "should" get one. Definitely, an exhausting situation.

Any exasperating customer service issues in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment