Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mockingjay, Part One

Unlike the prior installments of the Hunger Games franchise, this movie was sad and lacking in endearing moments that I'd come to love about Hunger Games. Peeta was barely in this movie and Katniss moped around the whole time. There was no love, not a lot of action sequences and really nothing to make it interesting. Despite my love of the franchise, I felt this movie was stiff and I struggled to stay awake throughout it. Having read the series, I knew that this wouldn't be an upbeat, feel-good kind of movie, but I was hoping for more than I got. The only somewhat endearing character was Prim. I did like where Katniss sang the Hanging Tree.

Here's hoping Part Two gives us all the ending we need.



Have you seen it? Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment