Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Costume: Scarecrow

A knew a month and a half ago that I'd be going to a Halloween party. I hadn't dressed up in years. I'm generally not that great at costumes. I'd been trying to figure out that to wear for weeks and got some inspiration from Pinterest. From there, I had to start narrowing them down. I wanted something that would be cheap to put together and easy to pull off. My inspiration:
Decided from this one to put sunflower in my pocket.

I'm pretty horrible at make up, so I was pretty nervous about pulling it off. Here's my progression:

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. I borrowed the shirt from a friend and leaves from my mom's decorating supply, so all I had to buy was a small hay bale (nearly impossible to find long pieces of straw) and black eye liner. I gathered the straw in small bundles secured with a hair tie to put in my pockets and shoes. As a result, the landing area outside my door where I gathered it all looked like I was incubating a small farm animal. :) So, overall my costume was definitely budget-friendly ($1 eye liner and $8 for the hay bale).

I ended up having a lot of fun at the two parties I went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment